Questions about the application process? Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to any male amateur golfer who has not reached their 19th birthday on or before July 1st, 2021. All players must be an amateur golfer as defined by the USGA.
ENTRY FEE & REFUND POLICY: Entry Fee of $400 includes complimentary practice round, three rounds of tournament play, players lunch each tournament day, player gifts and invitation to Players Reception on Monday, June 28th. Any player who registers and subsequently withdraws prior to the deadline of May 1st will receive a full refund of their entry fee, less a $15 service charge.
Players may gain entry into the 2021 Barbasol Junior Championship by one of the following ways:
1) Automatic Qualifiers
The first 112 Boys who complete the championship application by May 1st, 2021 and who meet any one of the below categories will be accepted. Should spots be available after May 1st, selections will be made on a weekly basis to applicants meeting a criteria until the field is complete.
- Top 100 in the JGS (Junior Golf Scoreboard) Rankings as of date of application
- Top 50 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings as of date of application
- Top 10 in the 2019 Junior PGA Championship or Round of 16 at the 2019 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship
- Top 5 or Semifinalist in Match Play in one of the following AJGA events: 2021 Simplify Boys Championship, 2020 Invitational at Sedgefield, 2020 Polo Golf Junior Classic, 2020 The Junior PLAYERS Championship, 2020 Ping Invitational, 2020 Rolex Tournament of Champions
- Top 3 in one of the following events: 2020 AJGA Justin Thomas Junior Championship, 2020 & 2021 AJGA Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior
- Top 2 in one of the following events: 2021 Junior Invitational at Sage Valley, 2020 Western Junior, 2020 Southern Junior, 2021 Scott Robertson Junior, 2020 Jones Cup Junior Invitational, 2021 Junior Orange Bowl, 2021 Dustin Johnson World Junior, 2020 Bobby Chapman Junior, 2020 Western Junior, 2020 Southern Junior, 2019 Northern Junior, 2019 International Junior Masters, 2019 Canadian Junior Championship
- 2020 Golf House Kentucky Junior Player of the Year
- 2020 and 2021 Kentucky Junior PGA Champion and 2020 Kentucky Junior Amateur Champion
- 2021 Keene Trace Junior Club Champion
- A limited number of exemptions, based on special considerations and/or written invitation, may be granted by the Committee. Requests for a special consideration exemption may be submitted to the Barbasol Junior Championship Committee by applying online no later than May 1st, 2021.
International players or players with an exceptional playing resume who do not meet the listed criteria may request an At-Large invitation by completing an application form no later than May 1st, 2021.
2) By Earning Spot through Open Qualifier
An open qualifier will be held at Boone’s Trace National Golf Club on June 9-10 with the top six (6) finishers earning a spot in the Championship field. The qualifier will be limited to 120 players and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.