Questions about the application process? Contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to any male amateur golfer who has not reached their 19th birthday on or before July 2nd, 2020. All players must be an amateur golfer as defined by the USGA.
ENTRY FEE & REFUND POLICY: Entry Fee of $325 includes complimentary practice round, three rounds of tournament play, players lunch each tournament day, player gifts and invitation to Players Reception on Monday, June 29th. Any player who registers and subsequently withdraws prior to the deadline of June 5th will receive a full refund of their entry fee, less a $15 service charge.
Players may gain entry into the 2020 Barbasol Junior Championship by one of the following ways:
1) Automatic Qualifiers
The first 96 Boys who register by June 5th, 2020 and who meet any one of the below categories will be accepted. Should spots be available after June 5th, selections will be made on a weekly basis to applicants meeting a criteria until the field is complete.
- Top 250 in the JGS (Junior Golf Scoreboard) Rankings as of date of application
- Top 250 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings as of date of application
- 2019 or 2020 State Amateur and State Junior Champions from USGA Allied Golf Associations
- Top 3 or Semifinalist in Match Play in the following AJGA events (2019 or 2020): Simplify Boys Championship, Thunderbird International Junior, Wyndham Invitational, Polo Golf Junior Classic, The Junior PLAYERS Championship, The Ping Invitational, Rolex Tournament of Champions, Wyndham Cup (All team qualifiers), Justin Thomas Junior Invitational, Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior
- Champion of any 2019 or 2020 AJGA Open Tournament
- Top 10 in the 2019 Junior PGA Championship or Round of 16 at the 2019 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship
- Match Play qualifier in U.S. Amateur or U.S. Amateur Four Ball
- Top 2 in the following events (2019 or 2020): Junior Invitational at Sage Valley, Western Junior, Southern Junior, Scott Robertson Junior, Jones Cup Junior Invitational, The Junior Heritage, Junior Orange Bowl, Bobby Chapman Junior, Northern Junior, Canadian Junior Championship, Gator Invitational
- 2019 Golf House Kentucky Junior Player of the Year
- 2019 and 2020 Kentucky Junior PGA Champion
- 2019 Kentucky Junior Amateur Champion
- Kentucky PGA Jr. Tour Boys Championship Division – 2019 Player of the Year and & 2020 Points Leader as of June 9th
- A limited number of exemptions, based on special considerations and/or written invitation, may be granted by the Committee. Requests for a special consideration exemption may be submitted to the Barbasol Junior Championship Committee by applying online no later than April 15th, 2020.
International players or players with an exceptional playing resume who do not meet the listed criteria may request an At-Large invitation by completing an application form no later than April 15th, 2020.
2) By Earning Spot through Open Qualifier
An open qualifier will be held on June 10-11 at Boone’s Trace National Golf Club, with the top six (6) finishers earning a spot in the Championship field. The qualifier will be limited to 120 players and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.