Questions about the application process? Contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to any male amateur golfer who has not reached their 19th birthday on or before June 23, 2022. All players must be an amateur golfer as defined by the USGA.
ENTRY FEE & REFUND POLICY: Entry Fee of $400 includes complimentary practice round, three rounds of tournament play, players lunch each tournament day, player gifts and invitation to Players Reception on Monday, June 28th. Any player who registers and subsequently withdraws prior to the deadline of May 7th will receive a full refund of their entry fee, less a $15 service charge. Withdrawals received after May 7th will receive a 50% refund.
Players may gain entry into the 2022 Barbasol Junior Championship by one of the following ways:
1) Automatic Qualifiers
The first 112 Boys who complete the championship application by May 7th, 2021 and who meet any one of the below categories will be accepted. Should spots be available after May 7th, selections will be made on a weekly basis to applicants meeting a criteria until the field is complete.
- Top 200 in the JGS (Junior Golf Scoreboard) Rankings as of date of application
- Top 100 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings as of date of application
- Top 10 in the 2021 Junior PGA Championship or Round of 16 at the 2021 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship
- Top 5 or Semifinalist in Match Play in one of the following AJGA events: 2022 Simplify Boys Championship, 2021 Wyndham Invitational presented by Truist, 2021 Polo Golf Junior Classic, 2021 The Junior PLAYERS Championship, 2021 Ping Invitational, 2021 Rolex Tournament of Champions
- Top 3 in one of the following events: 2021 AJGA Justin Thomas Junior Championship, 2021 AJGA Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior
- Top 2 in one of the following events: 2022 Junior Invitational at Sage Valley, 2021 Western Junior, 2021 Southern Junior, 2021 Scott Robertson Junior, 2021 Jones Cup Junior Invitational, 2022 Junior Orange Bowl, 2022 Dustin Johnson World Junior, 2021 Bobby Chapman Junior, 2021 Northern Junior, 2021 International Junior Masters, 2021 Canadian Junior Championship
- 2021 Golf House Kentucky Junior Player of the Year
- 2022 Kentucky Junior PGA Champion and 2021 Kentucky Junior Amateur Champion
- Leader of the Kentucky PGA Junior Tour’s Boys 16-18 Division on to-be-determined date in early June 2022
- 2022 Keene Trace Junior Club Champion
- A limited number of exemptions, based on special considerations and/or written invitation, may be granted by the Committee. Requests for a special consideration exemption may be submitted to the Barbasol Junior Championship Committee by applying online no later than May 1st, 2022.
International players or players with an exceptional playing resume who do not meet the listed criteria may request an At-Large invitation by completing an application form no later than May 1st, 2021.
2) By Earning Spot through Open Qualifier
An open qualifier will be held at Boone’s Trace National Golf Club on June 9-10 with the top six (6) finishers earning a spot in the Championship field. The qualifier will be limited to 120 players and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.